Pages

Fabric In Action - The Versatile Wrap by Make It Perfect

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I am so excited and nervous at the same time to start a new sewing project! It has been just shy of a year since I first started sewing and I still don't quite trust my abilities. Sure I can crank out mini wallets, water bottle wraps, lavender sachets with the best of them but when it comes to clothes .. eeek!


I feel so lucky to have Mom at my side to help gently guide (and push) me along. Without her encouragement, I would have given up long ago .. probably after my first dress turned out less than perfect. Don't believe I will be posting any pics of that dress any time soon. Let's just say I still need some guidance when it comes to sleeves. Ugh .. so disappointing!

So, back to my latest project .. The Versatile Wrap by Make It Perfect.

As soon as we started getting the new fabrics in, I knew they would make awesome summer skirts. I just needed to find the perfect pattern .. that's when we stumbled upon Make It Perfect patterns. We'd been looking at patterns to stock in the shop and Toni Coward's patterns are so cute and look so easy to make. We immediately placed an order and I've been so anxious to get them in. Finally we did and picked out two sets of fabrics to get me started.


Set 1 is from Jenean Morrison's California Dreamin' collection. The main fabric will be Malibu Pink and the trim will be Hollywood Pink. Set 2 is from the new Nest collection by Valori Wells. The main fabric will be Berries Tangerine and the trim will be Leaves Tangerine.

I plan on cutting the fabric and maybe even start sewing some today. I'll be sure and keep you updated. If all goes well, which I'm sure it will {fingers crossed}, I'll post pictures soon. Wish me luck! I could definitely use the encouragement!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Two Muncies said...

I just ordered the pattern. I can't wait to see your creation. -L

Lola Pink Fabrics said...

I'm so excited you got the pattern! I've almost got one skirt finished but work got in the way and I haven't been able to actually finish it yet. I'm determined though to wear it on Saturday so I better get to sewing!

The pattern has been super easy to follow and the skirt is already looking really cute. I will definitely post an update with a pic. We'd love to see a picture when you get yours made as well. Happy sewing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails