Pages

Feature Friday - Kate Conklin Designs

Friday, September 24, 2010

I've got a little confession to make and I hope not to disappoint some of our readers .... I've never had a desire to make a quilt {eep} I'm sorry, I just haven't. Don't get me wrong, I love quilts .. I do. I just never actually wanted to sit down and make one myself. Quilting just always seemed a little "old lady" to me and I wasn't quite ready to accept that fate just yet. That is until now! Have you seen the new Kate Conklin Designs quilt patterns we have in stock?! So not an old lady quilt! LOL

Kate's designs are modern and fresh and absolutely gorgeous when paired with the modern fabrics. Our favorite is the Wonky Donkey. How adorable is he?!


I love how bright and fun this quilt is. I think this will be my first quilt and will use the Laurie Wisbrun Donkeys in Wellies fabric shown but how sweet would it look with the Monaco by Monaluna fabrics?

Sea Views is another favorite of ours made using the Beyond the Sea fabric by Cloud9. She makes such great use of this gorgeous organic fabric collection.

Her other designs are just as fabulous and include Dandelion Windows, There's a Square in There, and Charm Bracelets. I would love to see Dandelion Windows made using the Pat Bravo Paradise collection or Charm Bracelets from Kate Spain's Fandango collection {gorgeous}.


Kate is a sweet mom from Australia who once described herself as "mathematically minded but not particularly artistic." Without a doubt, I could use those same words to describe myself. She only developed her passion for quilting and design in the past couple of years so apparently there is hope for me yet! Woot!

Be sure to check out Kate's blog. She just recently posted some quilts that people have made using her patterns and they are so inspirational.

Please excuse me for my past quilting misconceptions. I am so excited to get started on a quilt. I just need to find make the time to start.

So what do you think? How fabulous are these patterns?? What combinations would you like to see?

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails